Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nauvoo

Our Trip to Nauvoo, here are few highlights of our wonderful trip to Nauvoo earlier this month. We had a great time and enjoyed ourselves.

Inspiration Point on wagon ride overlooking Mississippi River.

Carthage Jail

Jail cell in Carthage

Carthage Jail main window

Seventies Hall

Sun stone down by the temple quarry site.

Cute Jeanette in front of Brigham Young's home.
Cultural Hall where we watched the play Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo, put on by full time senior missionary couples.

Back of the Nauvoo visitor center in the statue garden. There are 12 statues that make up this beautiful garden depicting different pioneer’s pastimes.


We were able to make our own rope.
Teaching me how to work for my water!
Nauvoo Temple view from West Groves.


Beautiful Nauvoo Temple



Our rental (compact car) a Dodge Nitro

Jeanette in front of the old school house.

Jeanette at the grave site for the prophet Joseph, wife Emma and brother Hyrum.

Mid day rest for Jeanette and Allie

Jeanette and I learning to be a Tinsmith.
Nauvoo Temple view form Trail of Hope.

Willard Richards Inn where we stayed two nights, located down in old Nauvoo.

6 comments:

kjjbaker said...

cool - thanks

Becca said...

Glad you guys could get away before Allie's born. Looks so neat--I would love to visit. But if so, I'll remember to pack my own food!!! :)

Ross and Aubrey said...

Your trip looks awesome! Glad you enjoyed it cause once Allie comes....your life is over! J/K

Had fun tonite! Thanks

Heidi P, That's me! said...

Looks like you had a great time! Jeanette, you look so cute! Can't wait to see you!

Amanda said...

Thanks so much for posting so many fun pictures! It was so fun to see you guys there and it brought back memories from when we went as kids--Jeanette, your bellie looks so cute!

Sheila said...

We totally went to Nauvoo when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with Justin!! I swelled sooooo much after that trip. So I guess you flew in to St. Louis, we flew in to Chicago...and of course hit up Wrigley field. From Nauvoo we went to Iowa and played on the Field of Dreams...priceless trip. It looks like you had so much fun.